Star Paws Terms & Conditions
- All clients will be deemed to have accepted Star Paws terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the relevant contract.
- Star Paws will only confirm a booking once a consultation has been carried out and all relevant documentation has been signed by the client.
- Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice (for dog walking clients) via cash or bank transfer.
- The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence (i.e. towels, food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc.). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Star Paws, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
- The client agrees that Star Paws is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damage to any item left with their pets.
- The client agrees to provide keys/ arrange access to the pet for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service but will be paid in full by the client.
- Star Paws will not confirm any booking until a veterinary release form has been signed by the client.
- The client must provide Star Paws with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Star Paws reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal. Where possible this will be with the client’s usual/preferred veterinary surgery, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Star Paws. This will be payable as agreed with Star Paws.
- Star Paws much be alerted to any behavioural or medical problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so many result in additional charges or cancellation of future contract.
- Although Star Paws holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client. Star Paws reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
- Star Paws will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Star Paws cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
- The client consents to their pet being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Star Paws without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Star Paws.
- Star Paws will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Star Paws cannot be held responsible for any damages or loss of property. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Star Paws in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
- To cancel any service, a week’s written notice is required from either side.
- Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hours in advance or the full rate will be charged.
- All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
- Star Paws reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
- Please ensure you provide spare towels at home to dry your dog(s) after the walk. Whilst we will always attempt to effectively and responsibly clean dogs of mud, dirt and so on, we cannot be held responsible for any damage to your property or furnishings caused by your dog.
- All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Star Paws and a disclaimer form has been signed. It is also UK law for a dog to have a collar with I.D. tag; name and address whilst in public
- Bitches may only attend solo walks whilst in season or pregnant. Unless at our discretion, we do not take on un-neutered males over 8 months, or any male pup which it is not planned to have neutered. Star Paws reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
- Star Paws will apply personal judgement and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e. heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
Phone: 01604 587 376
Address: Dom Clowes
Rochelle Way, Duston, Northampton
East Midlands NN5 6YW